Ceramic Machining & Grinding
Technical Ceramic Machining & Grinding
Precision Ceramics has extensive experience with high-tolerance technical ceramic milling, grinding and polishing of unfired (‘green’) and fired ceramics. Our state-of-the-art equipment allows us to offer a variety of technical ceramic services including:
- CNC Ceramic Milling & Grinding
- Brazing & Joining
- Lapping & Polishing;
- Grinding General tolerances of ±.02mm, can achieve ±.01mm with a surface finish of N2/N3
- Turning general tolerance of ±.03mm, can achieve ±.01mm with a surface finish of N4/N5
- Milling general tolerance of ±.03, can achieve ±.01 with a surface finish of N4/N5.
- CNC Milling bed capacity of 1000mm in X and 510mm in Y.
- CNC Milling spindle speed of 12,000 rpm
- CNC Milling and turning machines are all equipped with synchronized rigid tapping for perfect internal threads
- CNC Turning capabilities of 250mm diameter with power tooling
All tolerances can be improved upon depending on the size, shape & geometry of the technical ceramic part. Precision Ceramics is dedicated to ensuring we make only the highest quality parts that meet or exceed our customers specifications. In order to ensure that all of our products are achieving this goal we utilize an Axion high-performance CNC CMM and have full traceability on all of our parts.
JSK Industrial Supply offers a wide range of advanced technical ceramic materials that encompass nearly all material properties available from the “ceramics” group. All of our materials are available in a variety of forms from sheets and tubes to rods and finished components. For custom parts, we can design and machine them to precise customer specifications. Each material we offer has unique properties making it suitable for very specialized applications. For a general comparison of all of the technical ceramics we offer please refer to the Technical Ceramic Selection & Comparison Guide